horse accident

I think I have told this story before.  Maybe not...I talk a lot, so who
knows!
About 2 years ago, I was riding my friend's horse, Lightning.  I had been
riding him in the arena some but we were trying to get him "trail broke".
Every time he was out on the trail, he'd buck like a mad man.  So, after some
arena work, we set out on the trail, once again... About 10 or 15 minutes
into the ride, we saw a cow on the trail ahead of us...Lightning saw it too,
I could feel his heart beating. (We were riding on someone's land, where
there happen to be cows) He turned around, and tried to take off.  I stopped
him and wrestled with him a little, trying to make him stop bucking.
Finally, he stopped...I was going to get off and walk him a little ways.  But
I couldn't get off in time....He saw another cow.  FLIPPED OUT!!!!! He ran,
screaming (well, if he could scream), bucking towards home.  I ended up in
front of the saddle horn.  Now the only thing to do was to slide off.  I was
in a position that made it very difficult to pull on the reins (difficult to
explain, I guess) So, I tried to slide off of his neck.  It ended up to be
more of a dive....I landed right on my head.  The next day, I had bruses on
my face from the helmet.  There was one on my nose, right between my eyes,
and there were bruises on the sides of my face.  BUT, thanks to my helmet, I
didn't need a head transplant.  AND, thanks to my helmet, I am using the
exact same head today, as I was using on the day of the accident.  It works
just great (usually).
-Renee