Re: RC: Re: Fw: RC: endurance prospect, etc.

It isn't a horrible statement.  But the truth of the matter
is they know that horse and they know if he has more to
give.  From all the endurance riders I've met, very few of
them do things that will damage their horse in the long
run.  They truly care about these animals and want what is
best for them.  To equate to humans...they are some that can
run marathons and some only can do sprints.  It is up to the
individual person.  It doesn't make you a lesser of a person
because you don't want to race to the finish.  But if you
want to be placing in the top three in controlled
conditions, CTR offers that.  LD's and Endurance have a
totally different aspect to them, sometimes it is the race
to the finish.  So there is a way to compete in the sport
and have it on a level playing field like dressage or
jumping.  It does mean however, that some people will not
consider what you do as an achievement.  And no, I won't
even go there :-)
Diane