Re: Re: Fw: RC: endurance prospect, etc.

I think it's difficult to compare "leaving out a stride" etc. to
competitive miles of endurance competition.  You even said that you don't
win because you don't care to ride your horse as fast as it would take --
that proves my point exactly.  That's exactly why I don't win, and probably
many others.  When did I say that anybody was wrong for their choices?   Or
that it was "OK" to do something, or not?  ALL I've ever been saying is
what you just said.
----------
> From: Sweaney <sweaney@lightspeed.net>
> To: bass@bigsky.net; ridecamp <ridecamp@endurance.net>
> Subject: Re: Re: Fw: RC:  endurance prospect, etc.
> Date: Sunday, February 06, 2000 7:26 PM
>
> In show jumping, for example, it applies very much.  Look at the jump
off.
> The winner is the rider who is willing to take the chance and cut the
> corner, leave out a stride, gallop to the fence, and do some "amazing
> maneuver"  to gain that extra .01 of a second.
>
> My horse and I make an excellent team.  We can beat everyone out there at
> walk.  If you were all willing to walk, I would win hands down.  In a
> walking race, I would know that I have a "legitimate chance of winning"
that
> day.  This is not a walking event.  It is a sport where people ride their
> horses fast over a long distance.  I do not win (nor do I care to)
because I

<ridecamp@endurance.net>