Re: RC: Reno

On Sun, 6 Feb 2000 14:21:13 EST, LRiedel769@aol.com wrote:

>      Then the minutes of the 1998 midyear board meeting stated. " The present
> policy of moving convention to the eastern part of the U.S. every 5 years
>was discussed. The Lexington convention resulted in approximately $20,000
>less income than the Reno convention."  (Hey folks, it's nice not to be
>mercenary, but better believe that at that point those $20,000 were crucial.)
>No action was taken, so apparently the policy stands.
>    So-o-o-o the convention has been scheduled, according to policy, in Reno
>from 1998 through 2002.  Beyond that I guess it's up for grabs.

Thanks for the update.  To keep it in perspective, that $20,000 less
income amounts to less than one dollar per member per year.

This thread began when someone reported that the Board had decided to
keep the Convention in Reno indefinitely ... which would have been an
extremely bad decision.  I'm relieved to hear that is not the case.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net