RE: Reno forever?

>Any one in this discussion ever stop to think that the principal reason for
>the AERC meeting in Reno or any other place is not to have a convention.
>
>There is a simple, necessary reason behind every one going to an AERC
>meeting in the spring of the year and it is called the AERC ANNUAL MEETING.
>This meeting is decreed by the AERC By-laws Article XII section 1. There is
>no mention of a convention, trade show or anything else but the annual
>meeting.

While these comments are true, AERC wouldn't draw nearly as many attendees
without making the Annual Meeting more fun than just going to a meeting.
As a newbie last year, I sat thru meetings and panel discussions where the
conversations were still a big foggy to my newbie ears -- but I learned new
things by doing so.  My whole purpose in going to the convention was to
learn more about endurance, meet people involved, buy a lot of stuff (took
$90 to ship it home), find out more about the workings of AERC, attend some
*very* interesting lectures, and have a bit of fun being a tourist in Reno.
 I doubt that I would have spent the money and vacation time, at least at
this time in my riding career, to just attend a meeting.  BUT...BECAUSE of
all of the other stuff that was offered, I went and learned a little bit
more about the organization while I was also involved with other aspects of
the sport.  I know I can't be the only one there who appreciates that the
AERC ANNUAL MEETING is more than just that...and more in a *good* way.

Sue

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm
Marysville, Wa.