Horse Song

You may have seen this before, but it's good enough to repeat. Happy New Year
to ya all and Happy trails in 2001!
It's sung to the verse of "O Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz" my Janice
Joplin. Writer unknown to me.

HORSE SONG
Oh Lord, won't you buy me a horsey that bends
My friends all ride warmbloods, I must make amends,
I practice my leg yields, each evenin' till ten
So Oh lord, won't you buy me a horsey that bends

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a horse that won't buck
I'm tired of trying to land standing up
I spend all my time, brushing dirt off my butt
So Oh Lord, won't you buy me a horse that won't buck

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a horse that won't bite
I count all my fingers and toes every night
I feel like a carrot, when I'm in his sight
So Oh Lord, won't you buy me a horse that won't bite

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a horse with a brain
Mine is scared of his own shadow, it's drivin' me insane
I ask him to do things, but he forgets his own name
So Oh Lord, won't you buy me a horse with a brain

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a horse that stays clean
I brush him, I groom him, I've considered chlorine
His color's too chestnut for a horse with gray genes
So Oh Lord, won't you buy me a horse that stays clean

Oh Lord won't you give him some hindquarter drive
This horse is so lazy, I'm not sure he's alive
We bend and we circle, 'til way past five
So Oh Lord won't you give him some hindquarter drive