beet pulp pellets

I have something to add about beet pulp pellets and since I have been a good girl and am averaging well under one post a day lately (OK, so I have been sorta busy lately!), I hope no one minds.
The only beet pulp pellets I have available in this area are HUGE pellets.  They are the size of my fingers (and I admit to having short, fat fingers).  They are not pelletized in the size that most pelleted "feeds" are.  I have warned folks away from these specific pellets without thorough soaking.  The shredded beet pulp (and the smaller pellets which I have seen but cannot get) have given me no problem dry or soaked.  I just wanted folks to be aware that if you get pellets that seem larger than what your horse may have ever consumed before, be careful and be sure to soak!!   Hope everyone has been having a grand holiday!
Maggie
(in northern Michigan where it was ten below zero at 7 a.m. today but the sun is gorgeous and I am contemplating a ride in the snow and my new Polartec pants!!!)   <VBG>