California woosies in the snow

 Yes, southern Californians are not snow savvy, we have to drive an hour to 6 hours to go get some snow exposure. Why just last time I drove to Mammoth to experience a weekend of snow at elevations about 11,000 (which nicely builds up the cardio vasc. for endurance) I was wondering if that sweet boy would be there to put on my chains at the check point.  As I sailed by the site of the Geo Bun Buster endurance ride, and kept going, I hoped there wouldn't be another massive earthquake in the middle of the night to ruin my sleep.  ("Oh Bif, I'll need another Latte before I ski another run, that 6.5 slip-plate transverse shaker disturbed my rest last night")  Then we have to be bothered with learning the volcano evacuation routes, which would make a great endurance trail, except if the molten Lava is coursing down the hills after you. Melts the snow too. So we do 48 hours of snow immersion, and then drive home. "Whew! Can you believe people live in that stuff? How do they keep their panty hose dry ?"  "Oh they only use panty hose for bit warmers anyway".   (Could you use the hot-bean panty hose warmers to thaw out the water buckets? How about microwaved hot baked potato panty hose bucketwarmers, they probably last longer)   Beth