question re semis pulling horse trailer

Hi: I have a question for those of you who are pulling horse horse
trailers with a semi. Do you have a spring or an air ride suspension? Is
an air ride suspension essential to the comfort of the driver and the
horse in the trailer? We are looking at different options to pull
trailers (horse motorcycles, farm etc.). Would appreciate any feedback
or advice anyone has to offer.
Thanks! Bianca