Re: RE: RE: Giant/midget

 It used to be that 14 hands was a large Arab
        Once again, I beg to disagree.    A great number of the horses
imported by the Blunts (for example) to England in the late 1800s, early
1900s, and exported to America in the early 1900s from the Blunt stud
(Crabbet) were well over 15hh.   Indian Magic, for example, was 16hh.  I
think it would depend a lot on the breeding program, and the time frame of
"used to be" --- a lot of*Raffles horses were on the smaller size--but not
all of them, either.   (*Raffles was produced by Crabbet AFTER the Blunts
were gone.)

As a result, we have tall Arabs that are forced to put one leg forward to
reach the ground.
        My Arabs are not particularly tall, running 14.3 to 15 mostly, and
their necks are very proportionate--but even the 13.2 "midget" in the herd
grazes in this fashion.   I think it is quite normal.    I think it is the
horse who does not graze in this fashion whose neck is out of proportion,
being longer than "normal".   Possibly a lot of us are just more accustomed
to seeing horses eating from feeders rather than grazing.
    Just IMO.  Claudia