Re: Win a Purebred filly

  I sent AERC an email asking about the rules for entering the
drawing for a filly.  They replied, and said all they need is
contact info and the $$.

  As I have said in earlier posts, I am opposed to raffling off
animals to people without inquiring into the ability of the
contestants to care for the animals.  The raffle is not limited
to AERC members - anyone, no matter how little they know about
horses or how ill-equipped they are to care for one, can
enter.  I follow several equine rescue groups and through them
I have seen the heart-breaking consequences of ignorant and ill-
equipped people owning horses, no matter how well-intentioned
they might be.

   I would consider any breeder or horse-owner who would sell a
horse to anyone, regardless of their ability to care for it, to
be irresponsible.  As an owner or breeder one has taken the
life of an animal into ones hands, and you should do your
utmost to protect that animal.  It is true that once you have
sold an animal you cannnot guarantee it will be well cared-for,
but that does not relieve you of the responsibility of
attempting to find a suitable home for all anumals you sell.
Given the emphasis endurance places on the well-being of the
horses that compete, I am appalled that AERC conducts raffles
like this with no regard whatsoever to where the horses end up -
 they should raffle off tack, equipment, services etc - not
horses.

  I have been considering joining AERC but this is causing me
to seriously reconsider joining.  I don't consider myself to be
an animal-rights extremist, but this policy is unacceptable to
me.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag