Re: Trailer survey

> > P.S.  I know the ideal rig is a nice big dually
> > hauling a nice big trailer
> > and living quarters - but let's just say my husband
> > " isn't ready to go
> > there" .

Even when you are ready to go there, lemme tell ya, hauling around giant
rigs can be a real pain sometimes.  I have a very beefed-up dually and until
we sold it a few months ago, we were pulling a 40' LQ rig that was truly
enormous (it was extremely tall and wide).  It was terrific once you got
into base camp, but terrible just for popping horses into to go out to
conditioning trails.  We ended up buying a second "little" trailer just to
go condition with and the 'grey whale' only went out to rides.  Also, just
because of its size, there were one or two rides I just didn't go to because
I had doubts I could even get that sucker into camp.  But boy howdy, it sure
was great once I got it there.<g>

Anyway, we sold it because it was going to sit unused until I finish vet
school (though now, I wish I'd kept it for elk hunting), but I suspect our
next rig after that will be some flavor of motorhome pulling a little
trailer behind it.  Or, I'll just put a camper shell on the dually.  Having
been at both extremes with rigs, I suspect the ideal rig is actually
somewhere in the middle.  JME

Susan G