RE: Saddle for High-withered Horse

<< Rhonda wrote
PLEASE reply to the list>>

Ok, I have to do a ME too, here!  My mom is looking at a horse with very
high withers - arab/saddlebred/pinto.  She just found the first saddle she
has ever loved - a Marciante soft seat and I am going to have to force her
to give up this saddle if she keeps this horse.  She really likes the
stirrups further back and I think that has contributed to her riding comfort
as well.  The Marciante doesn't have enough room in the gullet and bridges.

So we're looking for a saddle that fits a horse that is high withered, (not
narrow) with a fairly broad back - and it has to be the most comfortable
thing since pillows.  A deep seat would be nice and enough of a pommel for
her to grab on to.  Her old saddle fit a broad, medium withered
arab/appaloosa in case we have any possibilities of trades.

Marlene