RE: European Information needed

In order to participate at a National ride, you have to have your horse
registered, good vaccinations and the rider needs a rider licence which
price is depending on the importance of the ride (distance). There is a
national federation which supervises all this (like the AERC in fact)

> 2. Is there a different procedure if the ride is FEI
> sanctioned than if the
> ride is not FEI sanctioned? Are the costs different?

FEI rides are a little bit differents! More expensive for the organizer
because FEI officials have to be invited (one FEI official in the Jury, one
FEI vet as a minimum... the number depends on the number of
invited/participating countries)

The horse needs a passport (delivered by the national federation); the rider
needs a licence which permit him to compete internationaly + he/she needs
the approval of his/her national federation if going to a foreign country;
horse circulation inside Europe is also subject to EU regulations!

> 3. Are all rides connected with an organising body at a
> national level;
> local level?

there is is alocal level (2 regions in Belgium for example) and one national
level

Rides are sponsored by the national government (sport organisations) and
elite riders are also sponsored, like any other athletes

Leonard, Belgium