From: Bill and Jan Stevens
To: Randi Lavikoff
Cc: Ridecamp
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2000 2:12 PM
Subject: RC: Re: Pine tar removal

A note from a Montana person, try using peanut butter...works well on humans and I would guess that it would work on horses as well.  We use it on our hands after cutting firewood and fence posts...also works pretty good for getting chewing gum out of little kids hair (though they smell a little funny afterwards...)

Jan Stevens

Any Floridians have a quick, easy solution to get the pine tar off my horse's ankles without pulling out the hair? I tried that, and he was very unhappy, so it obviously hurt.  I thought of trying to clip, but it goes down to the skin. Thanks in advance for suggestions. Randi and Falconfyre, preparing for the Goethe ride this weekend.