Re: RC: Common sense shoeing, was LTLH...

A wild horse and a domesticated are two different species.Wild horses due to
thier nature have a smaller gene pool.A good example of this would be the
overall quality of foot on wild horses.Wild horses that are born with bad
feet and prone to lameness are killed and eaten.They are eliminated from the
gene pool resulting with fewer horses with the same problem.Due to the fact
that man breeds horses often without reguards to bad traits that are out
weighed by good traits we due not breed the less disierable traits out.We ask
horses to do many different tasks that wild horses are not asked to do.Having
said that I agree that each must be treated as an individual.In some cases
the four point works wonders often I have found that the reason it works good
is that the person was not moving toes back in the first place so anything
that had them moving the toe back helps. RD