Re: RC: Re: Arrrrggggghhhh - ticks!

In a message dated 12/11/2000 2:47:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Teddy@runningbear.com writes:

<<  I got the one that Hartz makes---found it in Wal-Mart, less expensive.
It
 > seemed to do the job.  Claudia

Please be careful using the Wal-mart "brand" of fronline.  It is NOT the same
thing, it is highly concentrated pyrethrins and can be very toxic to the
animals.  I have seen both cats and small dogs react very badly to it, and I
know of two dogs we lost at the vet clinic where I work due to the hartz
stuff.  I have used frontline spray on my dogs and on my horse (in his
main/tail/ears to prevent and kill ticks) and it has worked fine.  Seeing how
I'm not spraying the whole horse, it's pretty economical too.

Juli and Alpine