Re: RC: Pine tar removal

>     Any Floridians have a quick, easy solution to  get the pine tar off
>my horse's ankles without pulling out the hair? I tried  that, and he was
>very unhappy, so it obviously hurt.  I thought of trying  to clip, but it
>goes down to the skin. Thanks in advance for suggestions. Randi  and
>Falconfyre, preparing for the Goethe ride this  weekend.

Turpentine will work well but it might irriate his skin.  For tar on
delicate human tissues (natural oil seeps offshore make little tar glops a
fact of life on the beaches near Santa Barbara, CA) the mild liquid soaps
sold by Amway, etc (LOC for example) swabbed on full strength with rubbing
will take the tar off pretty handily.  Works for oil tar, so I expect it
would work for pine tar.

Lynn Kinsky (Santa Ynez, CA)
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky