Re: RC: Rats eating anything.

Howard...

The .22 is a good idea....but instead of using regular loads, try rat
shot. It's a .22 rifle bullet with pellets (like a shotgun). It doesn't
shoot holes in your barn (it won't penetrate tin), is more accurate than
a pellet gun, (hard to miss, even with a pistol) and eliminates the risk
of shooting something like your neighbors horse/dog/or even person
accidentally.  I don't have any rats/mice..but it also works great on
birds that insist on roosting in my barn and pooping all over...my
apologies to bird lovers...I have lots of places for them to roost, put
up bird houses, feed them, etc....but I have to draw the line somewhere.
They even come in thru the turbines on the roof...and then can't get
out....my cat is now conditioned to immediately put in an appearance for
"dinner" when he hears my .22.  He hasn't had much luck catching them on
his own.  In fact, he hasn't had much luck with mice...but he DOES
deliver moles on my deck with remarkable regularity...I guess I have
"Moler" instead of a "Mouser".  :)

Regards, Jim and Sun of Dimanche