Re: RC: Re: Pedigrees

provincmk@fanninelectric.com writes:

<< --I agree with Maria - pedigrees are important to me.   But then, I
 (too) am a preservation breeder more than I am competitor  >>

I started out on the other side--as a competitor.  Like many competitors, I
pretty much "happened into" what I had.  I became a preservationist breeder
only after studying pedigrees of both successes and failures, and I have had
the somewhat unique perspective of being able to observe horses over many
years from the vantage point of being a breeder, a competitor, and a ride
vet.  What I preserve is not by any stretch the only bloodline that
consistently seems to do well, mind you, but it was sure disproportionately
represented in both the front runners and the horses that seem to last for
years compared to its frequency in the modern gene pool.

Heidi