breeding ethics

Are there any traits that AHRA considers faults that the Bedouins either
didn't worry about or actually bred for? An article on Arabian Horse
Interactive says the Bedouins didn't consider glass eye or human eye a fault.
What about arabian fading syndrome or certain conformation traits? If there
is a conflict between the "original ideal arabian" and "today's ideal
arabian" how would you breed?

I don't mind flaws in a riding horse if he's functional, but I would
certainly try to avoid them in a breeding animal.

                                                               Shelly