RE: Fwd: RC: breeder ethics

I can definately attest to this statement. I breed appaloosas and arabians.
I have been a blacksheep in the appaloosa society for a good many years as
when I started breeding appaloosas I bred to an arabian
stallion....WHY....to add some refinement, breeders here had their minds so
set on colour that anything with colour was bred with (and I mean anything)
some of the earlier mares and stallion would look like donkeys (and no
offense to donkeys!) if you had to remove their hides! Some really top
quality solids sold for peanuts and their lines lost th the breed because
they had no colour. Now my stallion (double registered 25% arab and
appaloosa) is very widely used especially on older mares.
MOral to the story....don't be to naive into thinking that SOME (and I mean
some - so put those flame throwers away) breeders will always breed for the
money and NOT for the future of the breed.

Celeste (South Africa)
Mawlud & Shadixx