Re: RC: comments on Shine and Shine only ride

In a message dated 02/03/2000 6:13:35 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Merryben@aol.com writes:

<< We have never had this happen in the ten years we have been putting on the
 rides.  However, I do remember once when we had to cancel Castle Rock
because
 of the snow in Henry Coe park where the ride used to be put on.  Pat and
 Donna Fitzgerald came all the way from Reno to find a sign on the gate to
the
 park..... >>

I remember hearing about that one.  It was about 1968, wasn't it?  The second
year of the ride and one year before the ride came over to the coast (never
to return to the Santa Clara Valley).  Or was it 1967, the very first year of
the ride?  Julie would know.
Then again, there was Castle Rock just a few years ago, rained out, and we
were unable to contact only two entries.  Of course, they were the ones who
showed up to a locked gate.  We now advise contacting ride management before
leaving home if the weather looks even remotely doubtful.

Barbara