Longstreets Charge.

I just saw that Longstreets is on June 3 this year.  correct me if i am
wrong.I wish I could go as this is a wonderful ride. I can't go but would
love to hear stories this year. So In hopes that Angie and her crew get tons
and tons of mail about it I am gonna tell you some about it. course i may
end up butchering it. Oh well Penny will be happy the less people the better
her chances at winning! NICE PRIZES!!!!
I see this ride as a great warmup for a 100 or perhaps a crucial training
ride to make the horse think. Yep it has all kinds of Rocks and some are not
that friendly. But the advantage to that is that there is a slow area where
you get to meet alot of good folks.  The thing about these rocks are I see
them as an oppertunity to get the horse to look down and place the foot.
There isn't to much of this but I loved it. I enjoyed my horses head bending
down and placing her foot to see where she was going. And it was her first
(saddly her only ride) and she did wonderful. I only recall one stone
bruise.
Otis is a great Vet and is very helpful. I don't know how he gets along for
his size but Otis is a wonderful vet. I only did the LD but the scenery was
great. Deep woods, the first is a gravel road that has some great twists in
it. up and down the hill. Vet Check is easy to find and they keep it well
watered. I flew through vet check at the top and I was blowing in. 50's were
coming back in at the time I had hardly any waiting. they have a nice dinner
after the rides. yep the camping is primative. but every buddy there is very
nice and the area is beautiful. To me I enjoy this ride simply because of
the way it makes a horse do his hardest of work with his mind. yep you may
wanna bring the pads and easyboots but if you miss this ride you have missed
the warmup for Tevis, Biltmore or OD. I may need to check my schedule to get
them right. I really love this ride I would encourage you to try to get to
it and enjoy it. If you are in the area and can take some time off head to
Bankhead or Talladega while your at it. Make a week of it. They say it is
gonna be sooo hot the night before the ride but I think Angie is in good
standing with the Man Upstairs coss it never was that hot! As a matter of
fact I had to give up my jacket to my buddy the first year I crewed there.
Go to help crew or Go to ride. You have my gaurantee that it will be
interesting ride.
Carla (wishing I could go.)
Ansata (crud so close to home.)
Haley (oh well we can go trail ride there!)
Rob (sorry babe we got work to do!)