Re: RC: Cutoff Times

In a message dated 02/02/2000 10:16:35 AM Pacific Standard Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<< Where in the AERC rules does it say that rides are a) allowed to have
cut-off times and b) what are the requirements associated with them? >>

AERC does not control all matters concerning ride management.  Whether or not
a cutoff time is imposed is strictly up to ride management.  And, as a ride
manager of over 25 years experience, I sincerely hope we RMs continue to have
some control over our own events.  It would be rather dull, wouldn't it, for
all rides to be conducted exactly alike?  The rules that are imposed by AERC
are put there to protect the horse and make the competition as fair as
possible to all riders.  How the RM implements the efficent flow of the event
is up to him or her.

Barbara

Barbara