Re: RC: comments on Shine and Shine only ride

In a message dated 2/3/00 8:17:15 AM Pacific Standard Time, Trailrite@AOL.COM
writes:

<< Ride
 Manager  >>
Ride manager was not the first to post.  I was. I am the ride secretary.  All
I did was send what I thought was a helpful tip to riders and ride managers
forum that we should all make sure our entries and correct and complete when
we send them because two of our riders who unfortunately came from a long way
did not get the word because they did not have phone numbers on their
entries.  I mentioned no names and did not assign any blame except maybe to
us and to circumstances.  The fact that my phone was out of order for six
days and I had to messenger the entries to Becky to make the phone calls.  I
had the checks which I later realized had phone numbers on them.  However, I
did not know that the riders had not gotten the word until the park ranger
paged me at work on Friday.  It was just a huge combination of circumstances.
 We have never had this happen in the ten years we have been putting on the
rides.  However, I do remember once when we had to cancel Castle Rock because
of the snow in Henry Coe park where the ride used to be put on.  Pat and
Donna Fitzgerald came all the way from Reno to find a sign on the gate to the
park..........mb