here we go again

someone wrote:
<>
<< It seems to me
that a larger horse would be more apt to break down because there is more to
break down. >>

Hi everyone, in response to this statement, I would like to say that I don't
see how this could be true.  After all, it is not the size of the horse that
makes him a good endurance horse.  It is the type of horse he is, meaning
that his conformation, his feet and his mind (along with other things) that
make him a good endurance horse.  I think that it just so happens that a lot
of arabs and mustangs happen to be this type of horse.  There are also a lot
of other horses of different breeding, that do very well, because they are
the right type of horse. There are also some arabs and mustangs that wouldn't
make good endurance horses at all. When it all comes down to it, I think that
a horse's bloodlines have little to do with what kind of endurance horse he
is going to be.  I know that people can look at a horse's pedigree to get an
idea of how his reletives compete, but bloodlines still don't tell you for
sure that every horse out of "this mare" and by "that stallion" will be a
good endurance horse.  You have to evaluate the horse's conformation, to see
if he "has what it takes" to compete in this sport..
Okay, you all know that I am just a kid, so feel free to comment on anything
that I have said.  I won't be offended (I'll at least try :) :)  After all,
thats what ridecamp is for.  this is just my two cents.
-Renee