breeder ethics

OK.... once again I think am thinking what seems to be one logical theory why
Arabians and mustangs make good endurance horses (I know this is one branch)
but are not smaller horses more efficient? Sturdier, compact. It seems to me
that a larger horse would be more apt to break down because there is more to
break down.

Now I am not trying to offend anyone raising 16 hand Arabs and I know their
are exceptions to the rule. But there must be something to this theory.

Maria, Texas