[Fwd: RC: E-mail fees?]

Kandhy Franklin schrieb:

> I have been just connected with someone in France and they were afraid
> to open the email from me because of the expense of long distance
> telephone costs.  I thought there was no cost except the monthly fee for
> the browser or server?  Can someone from the "other side" explain this
> to me?
> Thanks
> Kandhy Franklin- waiting for rain or a slight change in this perfect
> weather...

Hi,

no, here in Germany (and most of Europe, I think), we pay for the service
(by a monthly fee) as well as for the telephone costs. There are some "new"
ideas to get what you have "over there", but as far as I know they are not
available at this time.
The costs are not that high, i.e. I am paying a monthly fee of ~ $10 plus
the telephone costs which are less than $1 per hour. I am not "online" the
whole day, but try to get my mails two times daily. Because my computer is
my office, after the weekends the download takes a bit more time ;-). If
there are some hot topics it could be that I have more than 500 emails to
read. Most of them are off-topic for me (i.e. "which truck to buy" or
"motorhomes as tow-vehicles), but I can stick doggely to other topics (i.e.
"the leveled-back-when-going-downhill-thing" Hi Kathy ;-) ). I get some very
useful infos from all of you so the costs should not be a hindrance.

Closing now, another $ is gone ;-),

bye from Germany

Wolfgang + Ninja 11