Re: Conditioning in Vermont

>I am curious what everyone has as far as trails for daily conditioning
rides. Can you ride from where your horse lives direct to trails? Do you
have to trailer to go trail riding? Do you have to ride along roads to get
to trails? Here is what our area has.<

We are the last house on the paved road and can go for 12 miles West
and 5 or more mile North or South before even CROSSING a paved
road.  We have plenty of hills (including such routes as "Vertical Mile
Road")
and trails on our own 100 acres. Meshack has his own shelter within sight
of the house and a spring that runs year round (No need to carry water and
mess with frozen buckets even when 30 below!).

We alternate driving and riding. The driving has taught him to use his rear
and improved the ride.

The location is what prompted me to buy this green broke pasture potato
2 1/2 years ago (at age 67 1/2).  We like CTR and have an ideal location
for conditioning.

John and Meshack
http://www.bypass.com/~ayers (Vermont Equestrian Activities)
Secretary/Treasurer Vermont Arabian Horse Association