Ride" Bring Alongs"

Kerry,

I'll ride with you!  You sound well prepared.  People aways give me a bad
time about all the stuff I carry, Until they need something!

On training rides I pack along a firelog, firestarters, and matches.  Also
handwarmers, extra socks, raincoat for my horse, grain, hay, carrots,
something to sit on, Leatherman (which I was told last night was renamed
"Leatherwoman")
Thermos full of coffee, saw, pruners, leadrope and halter ( I hate
trailbridles) Water, firstaid kit, pistol, easyboot,
tape, zip ties, map, toilet paper, female suplies ( Hey, Tampons double as a
great plug for bullet holes, just ask a paramedic!) chap stick, food, power
bars (for when the food runs out), and a flask. (Usually full of Southern
Comfort, medicinal purposes, you know!)

Now, I ride as a lightweight...But sometimes I go into the midleweight
catagory on rides, depending on what I pack.  Obviously, I don't pack all of
the above on a ride, but quite a bit.  When I am packing all of the above,
and if I've got my rifle and hunting gear during deer season, I've got 265 -
275 pounds on my good lil' mountain pony.  She doesn't seem to care, and she
is 14 hands, 800 lbs!

BTW:  In ridecamp, when I go to a ride by myself, I pack Powerbars and
gatorade, and coffee, thats it.  Helps get me invited to everyone's camp for
food!!!!

Julie, Rayna the Mountain Monster, Jynxie the Wonder Pony, and Decker the
Rookie
Brush Prairie, Washington