Re: RC: Rabble Rousing

>. We are >getting to
>the point that riders want their crews to have access, for >assistance,
>at>all times.

How many of you read Dwight Hooten's description of the Children's
championship rides in Dubai and agreed with him?  He made a big deal out
of the fact that the kids are actually *safer* because they don't only
have ONE sponsor like our juniors do, they have *several* following them
within shouting distance from a vehicle...so if the kid is hurt, they can
pick up the pieces immediately.

As a person who's spent a lot of time sponsoring a junior, I thought this
was dead wrong.  When I'm riding with a junior, we're very close to each
other, and I can see how things are going with the kid's horse.  If she's
having control problems I'll tell her to tuck him in behind my
horse...thus *preventing* an accident.  If my daughter were galloping
across the desert alone, the last thing I'd want is a car chasing the
horse with people shouting out the windows.  And this is just the kid's
safety we're talking about...what about the horse?

 I think a sponsor on horseback has a much better idea how the junior's
horse is holding out.  You can hear the breathing, look at the eye, let
him take the lead and see if he suddenly drops back.  You can't do that
from a chase car.  One look at a video of one of their races and I was
totally turned off.  How could anybody concentrate on their horse with
all those trucks tearing up the trail, putting dust and exhaust in the
air, and generally destroying the atmosphere?

I think the sheik needs to build a nice mountain course.  They said he's
already built one mountain, so a few more shouldn't be any trouble.
It'll need LOTS of rocks, and I'd be happy to get the contract to supply
them.  Our Longstreet trail has plenty for both of us. :-)

Angie

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.