Re: RC: Tresspassing

In a message dated 12/07/2000 12:24:57 PM Pacific Standard Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<<Generally, I have found that if you ask permission before you
invade private property (and you ask nicely-rather than thinking
that it is an entitlement), people are quite amenable to
allowing you to ride on their property >>

<< I haven't had any problems getting permission from anybody.  But
 it does require that you be polite and accommodating, as well as
 respecting their requests that you not go to particular places
 or at particular times...oh yeah...and that you not use it as an
 excuse to teach your horse about cows, by chasing their cattle.
 It also helps if you volunteer to help them round up their cattle if they
ask, catch their for them bull when it has
 liberated itself, and communicate with them if you find
 something amiss while riding on their property (such as a
 section of fence that is down).

 You'd be surprised how far this goes to building good-will and
 how far good will goes to getting permission. >>

You are SO right about this.

Barbara