Chateaugay Trail (Vermont to Northern New YorK)

Sarah Zegers trailsz@webtv.net
Does anybody have information about the historic Chateaugay Trail which ran from Vermont to Northern New York State? In 1805 my ancestors moved from Rochester, Vt., to Potsdam, N.Y., traveling over that trail, and crossing Lake Champlain.  I would like to know if the trail still exisits, in whole or in part. I've contacted the Potsdam museum, but they have no information. It's beautiful, challenging country. This trail ran close to the Canadian border, so maybe some of our Canadian friends would have info about it.  You can e-mail me privately, or on Ridecamp.

Thanks....Sarah Zegers