RE: Re: bitting questions (long)

Amanda,
Thank you for the suggestions.  I do have pretty decent hands, but I do have
to convince myself to use contact.  And that may be some of the issues - too
sudden of contact.

I do need to reprimand this horse more - especially at the rubbing on me
thing, so that will be a good place to start.  I'm glad you suggested a
non-jointed - I'm trying one now that he seems to be more responsive to - I
just had zero experience with anything other than a jointed snaffle.

Thanks again,
Marlene