corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis/ dryland distemper

Has any one ever seen this disease behave like hives? I have a horse that has small bumps all over her body and head and legs that eventually burst and have a  golden yellow crusty scab ( very small in size i.e. pencil eraser size ). She appears fine. But this has been going on for sometime i.e. a month although she is now showing signs of being over it for the most part. Many of my friends ad neighbors have dryland distemper at present time so I thought this might be a unusual expression of the disease. Anyone help me?
Thanks in advance.
Mary Anne Maynard