Auctions and Slaughter houses

Susan G said:
The problem is not that slaughterhouses exist, it's that there are thousands
of people irresponsibly producing reasons for the slaughterhouses and animal
shelters to exist.

I say Amen to that.
As a kid in the 60's I had the unfortunate task of accompanying
my grandfather to cattle/horse auctions, and slaughterhouses.
 It affected me profoundly and I to this day feel responsible
(for the life and death) of all the animals that live with me.
Barb