Re: RC: Flaxseed and oil, Carboload

At 08:17 AM 11/21/2000 +0200, you wrote:
>I have been reading quite a bit on the archives on carboload, some users of
>this product do advice using a glycometer? in conjunction with the
>carboload, excuse my absolute ignorance but nowhere can I find the figures
>you should look for on the meter when testing, what is high, what is low,
>what is bad, what is good, what is ideal, how often should you measure the
>blood level?

http://members.nbci.com/ridephotos/prideproject/weaver.html   These are
results from one day of testing on one of my horses, last April.  These
results are from the on-site testing thru the Pride Project that Dr.
Fleming does.  This was without any carbo-charge.

Normal rates can vary quite a bit depending upon if you are doing on-site
testing, lab-testing, and by individual horse.  Typically my horses are in
the 80-90ish range, tho that can vary considerably. The goal is to keep
them constant.  I can keep Weaver's glucose levels constant without any
carbo charge.  Rocky takes a little more tweaking, but the end result is
worth it :+).  I haven't put any of Rocky's results up yet.  I've got test
results on him from 5 days, 4 days, 3 days, and 2-day rides in the last
year.  I think he's probably one of the most poked endurance horses
ever!  (but he's happy to donate!)  :+D

Happy Trails,

Karen
in NV