Can a young horse recover enough from a pulled suspentory ligment to compete in endurance?

Stephanie Scwelch2434@aol.com
I have a 2 1/2 year old 1/2 quarter horse 1/2 arabian gelding that I was hoping to try endurance racing with.  He has the perfect attitude and build.  But unfortunally came up lame about 3 months ago.  X-rays were taken and it was decided that he pulled on of the ligments in is front left knee.   Any advise is welcome. Thanks Stephani