horse thieves

Just a post to remind everyone, that horse thieves are out there, looking for horses to steel.  Last night someone tried to steal ours.  They drove by several times between 10:30-11:00pm (neighbor saw the truck and trailer), parked down the road, walked down the road, cut the fence and got one horse. Luckily , the horse, which is my father-in-laws, is very attached to "dad" and wouldn't load for them. He then got away and hid at my barn/back yard.  Luckily we have a large yard light, and had shut mine in the barn for the night.  They also cut the fence rather than lead the horse down to a gate, and just put a rope around his neck to lead him. Thank god it worked out for us.... but it is a good reminder to deter these thieves any, and every way you can.  I live on a  fairly busy 2 lane rd, and they were brazen enough to walk down the side of the road, past my house to do this.  Thanks for reading, Montie Schutz