Re: RC: Barefoot Endurance?

I attended a lecture on that very study if its the one done If I remember
right in Mich.Lots of good info.As a farrier I was taught these three basic
reason for shoeing a horse. 1.Traction
             2.Excessive wear
             3.Theraputic
If none of the above are a problem best left bare foot.I agree with the post
talking about treating horses as individules.A few other things to keep in
mind are weather, usage, breed.One of the biggest that is overlooked is
weather I feel.Amount of time horse spends out in the flies stomping.My two
cents RD