RE: Re: Re: Barefoot Endurance?

" I don't see how my 4 white footed horse could be rode
without shoes!  My horses are all out 24/7
Blessings Mona

Mona, my gelding has four white hooves and he has good
deep frogs and can go barefoot under certain conditions.

But my mare by the same sire with 3 black feet has a
really hard time going barefoot.  Since she's been leased
out as a broodmare, she's been barefoot, not ridden,
and her hooves are in terrible shape.  Of course the
guy I'm leasing her to has been negligent and I've been
on his case about it.  She has shallow soles and
now have terrible flairs so her hooves look like pancakes.
I'm taking her back for the winter and hopefully
we could do some repairs.

But my gelding would absolutely have no problem with
the exact same living conditions.  Four white hoove
does not mean that they are weaker!

BTW, the winter that he got sore in his winter pasture
was because the farrier told me he had good enough hooves
to go barefoot and was only pleasure trail riding occasionally
(life before endurance).  My mare living in the same
pastures as my gelding could not go any length of time
without shoes if I am riding her.

K.