Re: RC: Re: manure @ Oroville

In a message dated 11/9/00 1:32:37 AM Eastern Standard Time, dfletche@gte.net
writes:

<< they do it because that is the way they have always done it and/or they are
 lazy slobs. It is no different than having a picnic and leaving your trash
 on the ground when you leave. When you were the only one using a site for a
 month, the stuff would rot. But, for the most part, you are not the only one
 using the site and the accumulation doesn't have time to decompose before
 someone adds more to the collection. After you have cleaned up 3 dump truck
 loads spread over a camping area in th >>

This comparison to lazy slobs leaving paper trash is absurd.  Maybe it's
different down here in the South, but the birds, especially the ducks, will
eat the manure within hours after all the horses leave.  At the last ride I
attended, in Georgia, the ducks would sneak up behind Dance Line and gobble
his manure down quicker than you would believe possible.

Next time I go to a Chinese restaurant I will no longer order the duck
because of this.  Horse manure is not a detriment to the environment and
should not be compared to people trash.  If Ride Management directs the
manure to be picked up then it should be but the birds will be angry and may
attack if you don't leave it.

cya,
Howard

cya,