Two-pointing?

Infynitie infynitie@hotmail.com
I don't know if any of you remember me . . . I posted not too long ago about synthetic saddles. Well, a woman at the barn let me borrow her English saddle to try out on my horse. Since it was only the second saddle my horse has ever worn, she was naturally a bit stupid with it at first, but once I got on her with it, she realized it was just another saddle or something and had no fear whatsoever. Anyway, I had to laugh when I started riding in it, because my problem from riding in an English saddle (only twice) years ago was nothing yesterday. The saddle took a little getting used to, and I am by no means graceful getting on and off in it, but the possibility of Wintecs and Thorowgoods has opened up. Buuut . . . my question is this . . . What way does everybody think I should situate myself for the trot (for practicing and competition, I know that posting is the most comfortable for me otherwise)? Two-pointing is where you stand, right? I've been taught to do that ever since I came out to the barn I've been at for 2 years. But I tried it, and I'm not sure it feels right in that sasddle. Is it "appropriate" to two-point in an English saddle? I understand that the purpose of two-pointing is to prevent the rider from flopping all over the place and making it uncomfortable for the horse . . . so posting does just the opposite? And then I see some people standing during the canter . . . is that "necessary" too?

Thanks for helping out the dummy :-) I have nnnoooo idea what I'm doing, and while I could go and ask some of the endurance people at the barn, I am painfully shy, and I feel like nagging them with questions just irritates them and I'm being too needy . . . so, I get to bug you guys . . . haha . . . thanks.