RE: Heart rate monitors

Colleen,
I got the Easy Sensor Deluxe from Horses Dacor for $139.  It's not the
bottom of the barrel, but it's not the most expensive.  It's got more
features than I'm likely to use or even figure out, but quite simple to use
for the features I do care about.  I also like that it has a button to light
the display since my normal watch does not - when I can't sleep the night
before a ride, I like to watch the time slip slowly by!

I haven't had a single problem with this HRM.  I sometimes get some weird
high readings when the horse hasn't sweated up a bit, but that doesn't last
long and no further problems.  I've never used any gel, just wait for the
horse to warm up a little.

Marlene