Re: sound used saddle trees (followup)

Thought I'd followup as I learned something more about this.

The saddle flexed OK front to back, but it flexed a little much laterally
(as Laney suggested).  I took it to a saddler today, and there are two
non-symmetrical bumps in the mid underside channel of the saddle.  When the
saddle's pommel is set on a table and the saddle is flexed by pulling the
cantle down, it's clear that it overflexes at those two bumps when the whole
tree should flex uniformly.  That indicates a badly damaged (quite possibly
broken) tree.

Hope this is useful info to someone out there!  Happy trails -

(Colorado)