problems with tieing up & Quietex

Hello all,
I got back last night from brothel to brothel. I was pulled at the one hour
hold. Polaris's pulse rate would not come down.  The vet siad there was
something wrong with him. When we got him trailered back in to camp
he peed blood. Today he is really tired and he had a lack of appetite.
He is eating great now.  I had put him on quietex for the first time on this
  ride. A friend had recommended it to me after all the horror storeys I had
told her of the bone head stuff he has done at the start of a ride. It
worked great he behaved very well. I would like to try it again but I am
afraid he will tie up again. When he tied up yesterday it was a shock to me
because he had not tied up in years. Do any of you have any experiance with
this calming aid? I would like to get some feedback from you all at what
might had caused him  to tie up.
Colleen K.