Re: RC: Tennessee to Tucson: Travel tips, please?

Dear Mrs. Brown,

I am a travel nurse and will be making the same trip to Tuson in Jan. departing from Atlanta.  Do not know when you all plan to move but I would appreciate any recomendations you have based on the responses you get.  Hope your trip goes well, I will be traveling with one horse (no experience trailoring or camping) and a dog.  My plan is to take 20 to Dallas, Texas (where I have friends that can hopefully put us up)....hit 10 just west of Stockton.....(where I would like to stay the night) and head on to Tuson....which looks like 10 all the way.  I have no idea of where to stay when I get to Tuson.  The company I work for has given me through the month of Nov. to make my own arrangements for housing, after that, they will put me up, and I will need to find reasonable stabling for my horse Triton.  If you know of a stable facility, housing, or have any recomendations concerning the route please advise.....would like to get together when I arrive and ride......have done some NATRAC rides over the years, and one endurance......looking forward to hooking up with some riders to trail with when I get to Tuson.  Will be working in the E.R. at St. Marys Hospital.   I am still in New Hampshire on an assignment at the present time, and will be working at my home Hospital near Atlanta throught the holidays.

Happy Trails and a safe trip!

Patty Beck

  "guest@endurance.net" <guest@endurance.net> wrote:

Wynne Brown wynne.brown@mindspring.com
Hi all --

My husband and I are about to embark on a major life journey: We're moving from Knoxville, Tenn., where we've lived the past 22 years, back to Tucson, Ariz, where we met, went to school and own land.

No move is simple, and this one's no exception. I'll be driving our truck and trailer with the two horses and one dog (who's prone to motion sickness), Hedley will drive the Ryder truck hauling the Honda (which will contain the two cats and all the plants) and our son will follow in his car with whatever's left and the third cat.

Should be quite the trip!

We're planning to leave Sunday, Nov. 12, and will head west on I-40 through Memphis, Little Rock, and Oklahoma City to Amarillo. At that point, we'll probably drop south on 60, then 70 going through Hereford, Clovis and Roswell to Alamagordo. Then we'll hit I-10 and will aim for Tucson through Cruces and Lordsburg. (Another possibility, depending on weather, is to stay on I-40 to Santa Rosa, NM, and take 54 to Alamagordo.)

One of the horses is an inexperienced camper, and I suspect I'll be a little less neurotic :) if they're in stalls or pens overnight.

ANY recommendations about horse motels, routes, places to stay, or other words of caution, encouragement, advice, etc. will be very welcome!

Please respond privately as I'm no longer on Ridecamp.

Many thanks!

Wynne

Wynne Brown
Knoxville, Tn