No Subject

>And please,
>our vets, chime in. do you appreciate the owner interaction or would you be
>annoyed by it.

I  regard owner/rider input as essential. I need to know not only the
history of a problem, but also the stuff about a horse that I can't tell
frm a simple physical exam--is the horse stoic or a wuss? Were equipment
changes made? Work increased or decreased? Feed? etc.

I heartily agree that unless one gets to the root of a problem, recurrence
is likely.
Just remember, though, that I and my colleagues deal all the time with
folks who just want the quick fix, want the horse ready for whatever thing
they have on their calendar, and aren't willing to take the time to get to
the bottom of things. (For  the most part, those types aren't usually
distance riders, fortunately.)
                --CMNewell, DVM