Tennessee to Tucson: Travel tips, please?

Wynne Brown wynne.brown@mindspring.com
Hi all --

My husband and I are about to embark on a major life journey: We're moving from Knoxville, Tenn., where we've lived the past 22 years, back to Tucson, Ariz, where we met, went to school and own land.

No move is simple, and this one's no exception. I'll be driving our truck and trailer with the two horses and one dog (who's prone to motion sickness), Hedley will drive the Ryder truck hauling the Honda (which will contain the two cats and all the plants) and our son will follow in his car with whatever's left and the third cat.

Should be quite the trip!

We're planning to leave Sunday, Nov. 12, and will head west on I-40 through Memphis, Little Rock, and Oklahoma City to Amarillo. At that point, we'll probably drop south on 60, then 70 going through Hereford, Clovis and Roswell to Alamagordo. Then we'll hit I-10 and will aim for Tucson through Cruces and Lordsburg. (Another possibility, depending on weather, is to stay on I-40 to Santa Rosa, NM, and take 54 to Alamagordo.)

One of the horses is an inexperienced camper, and I suspect I'll be a little less neurotic :) if they're in stalls or pens overnight.

ANY recommendations about horse motels, routes, places to stay, or other words of caution, encouragement, advice, etc. will be very welcome!

Please respond privately as I'm no longer on Ridecamp.

Many thanks!

Wynne

Wynne Brown
Knoxville, Tn